NEWS RELEASES Media Advisory September 10, 2018 for immediate release Media Contact – Anita Beninger (253) 293-5717 fusionfederalway.org
FUSION - Thanks sponsors, donors, supporters and volunteers for event support
On August 1, 2018, the 25th FUSION Annual auction was held at the Dumas Bay Centre in Federal Way. This fundraising event helps to provide the operational expenses needed to support homeless families in the Federal Way and Northeast Tacoma communities.
Approximately 650 guests attended this years event, raising $220,000 in support of our transitional housing program. We appreciate ALL of our sponsors for having such a giving heart! Thank you! You make a big difference in the lives of families facing homelessness.
A special thanks to our Principal Sponsors, HomeStreet Bank, CHI Franciscan Health, Schiewetz Group and HomeGoods, without your financial support this event would not have been possible. We wish to express a special thank you to our event chairs David Harrison and Michelle Dickerson.
We value all our volunteers and wish to say thank you. This years event would not have gone as smoothly as it did without YOU! Homelessness can be eliminated, one family at a time. “Together we made a difference in reducing homelessness within our community!”
Peace and blessings. Peggy LaPorte, FUSION Co-founder
In the fall, FUSION will expand its capacity to serve 20 families at a time by purchasing a 20th transitional housing unit. These fully furnished residences are discreetly tucked away in Federal Way and Northeast Tacoma.
April 27, 2018 for immediate release
Media Contact – Anita Beninger (253) 293-5717 Journalists are invited to learn about FUSION
FUSION - Transitional Housing Leader Launches New Branding.
FUSION a transitional housing leader, today introduced new organizational branding. The re-branding reflects both the evolution of the non-profit as well as its vision for the future.
In Washington State more families are facing homelessness. Today even with the increased demand for shelter, FUSION’s grant-winning housing and family centered focus has continued to thrive. Transitional housing provides temporary housing for the certain segments of the homeless population, including working homeless families who have trouble affording long-term housing.
- FUSION’s rebranding represents its successful and ongoing transition from supporting a single family to hundreds of people within the community. Today the organization is exploring new ways to maintain the housing units and retail store while growing the mission to help homeless families.
- The FUSION logo evokes the history of compassion and hope for the homeless. From a single FUSION home, evolving to a multitude of living spaces, that represents a better future. The curvy palette is fresh, lighthearted and hopeful, representing FUSION’s focus on homelessness, sustainability and growth as well as the commitment to supporting the less fortunate members of our community.
- FUSION new tagline is, "Transitional housing for families in need". This tagline invites the community to engage with FUSION to open up greater opportunities for success in fighting homelessness in our community.
- While the brand, tagline have changed to better represent what the organization is today, FUSION’s value proposition remains the same –giving hope and a future to families in need.
- Since 1993, FUSION has been recognized as an innovative leader in support for homeless families. FUSION has developed a process that helps families in need, improve their lives with housing and social services support. FUSION’s grant-winning housing and family centered focus has continued to evolve even as the rate of homeless continues to rise in Washington State.
- FUSION is 100% staffed by volunteers. And during the last twenty-five years, FUSION has continued to build support services for families in need. Today, the organization maintains twenty fully furnished housing units, with a deep history of helping hundreds of families become self-sufficient.
- As a 501(c) (3) nonprofit, FUSION relies on continued support from the community to provide housing for homeless families. These services rely on funding from, local businesses, government grants and citizen groups providing financial and in-kind support. Recently FUSION received a $500,000 capital grant from the state of Washington that will support capital needs for the FUSION boutique a retail upscale furniture store.
"It has never been a more exciting time than now to be a FUSION volunteer, and this new branding reflects our commitment and focus on connecting our clients to housing and social services." said Peggy LaPorte , FUSION founder and board member. "Our brand transformation better represents where the organization is today and our vision for the future.”
FUSION is an all-volunteer nonprofit organization in Federal Way, Washington, with a mission to provide housing and support services to the homeless in our community so they will have a safe, secure environment as they work toward self-sufficiency. Learn who we are and how we serve.
"FUSION remains committed to providing housing and support services to the homeless in our community as they work toward self-sufficiency.
FUSION clearly shows that we are changing as an organization by expanding our housing offerings, pushing into new markets, and providing a 'compass' for volunteers as the organization continues to evolve and innovate," Laporte added.
To learn more about FUSIONS new corporate brand and logo, click here.
For more information about becoming a FUSION sponsor, click here.
For more information about FUSION volunteer opportunities, click here.